追蹤者

Translate

2018年5月14日 星期一

#7 English song


OneRepublic - Say (All I Need)


Music Video



Do you know where your heart is
Do you think you can find it
Or did you trade it for something
Somewhere better just to have it
Do you know where your love is
Do you think that you lost it
You felt it so strong, but
Nothing's turned out how you wanted

[Pre-Chorus]
Well, bless my soul
You're a lonely soul
Because you won't let go
Of anything you hold

[Chorus]
Well, all I need
Is the air I breathe
And a place to rest
My head

[Verse 2]
Do you know what your fate is
And are you trying to shake it
You're doing your best and
Your best look
You're praying that you make it

About OneRepublic

OneRepublic is an American pop rock band formed in Colorado Springs, Colorado in 2002 consisting of lead vocalist Ryan Tedder, guitarist Zach Filkins, guitarist Drew Brown, bassist and cellist Brent Kutzle, and drummer Eddie Fisher. The band first achieved commercial success on Myspace as an unsigned act.

In 2007, OneRepublic released their debut album, Dreaming Out Loud. Its lead single, "Apologize", was notably remixed by Timbaland, becoming a huge international success, reaching number one in sixteen countries and subsequently earning them a Grammy Award nomination.



The vocabulary I Learned From The Song

1. turned out [v.] 
      to happen in a particular way or to have a particular result, especially an unexpected one
      
      Example : As events turned out, we were right to have decided to leave early.
How did the recipe turn out?

2. bless [v.] 
      to ask for God's help and protection for someone or something, or to call or make someone or something holy

      Example : May God bless you.

3. breathe [v.] 
      to move air into and out of the lungs

      Example : It's so airless in here - I can hardly breathe.


Why I Like This Song

Everyone who know OneRepublic is familiar with their "Apologize". But today I want to introduce "Say (all I need)" because the song's lyrics take me to another universe. All of us have a time that we don't know what we want or don't know why we live even heartbreak. The song's first half part is just talking about that. But the last part is important. That encourage people no to give up what you want. And because you don't give up, you can hold that. At junior high school I had a little time very down, don't know why I live and purpose. Because everything I want to catch would flow away. But OneRepublic's song make me peace. So I want to let their songs help more and more people.


沒有留言:

張貼留言